- In order to ensure delivery of the products that you have purchase, it is imperative that you furnish us with the correct delivery address.
- Your order will be forwarded to our courier service who will be responsible to ensure that your product reaches you. Should you furnish us with the incorrect details, we will not be held responsible for you not receiving your order timeously or at all.
- In most instances and generally, orders placed shall be delivered within 7 days from the date that such order has been placed.
- Where items may be out of stock or based on fulfilment from vendor shipping may take slightly longer and may reach you within 14 days at a maximum.
- Kindly note that the price of any product on this website excludes the delivery charge. A delivery charge shall be billed to all customers in addition to the purchase price of the item. Therefore, delivery is charged separately and is excluded from the displayed price of the products.
- Delivery Charges are an indicative and may increase on the basis of volumetric and distance.
- Flat rate delivery fees are applicable to metropiolitan areas and major cities. Additional surcharges may apply in the case of outlying or rural areas to which these will be communicated to customers within 24 hours of their order being placed.
Returns Policy and Warranties
14 Days Cooling Off Period
We will refund or exchange almost all goods if you inform Niche Living (PTY) Ltd within 14 days of purchase, provided:
- it is in its original packaging and condition, including all attachments, accessories and documentation.
- it is unused.
- shopping vouchers are not redeemable for cash, this being Niche Living (PTY) Ltd or third party vouchers.
- Bundle deals are returned together, includes vouchers or rewards. Should vouchers have been redeemed within the 14 day period, the face value of these vouchers may be deducted from credit as an administration fee.
- Certain Products are excluded from the 14 day exchange or refund policy due to hygiene reasons, applicable legislation or for reasons of cost efficiency. Goods excluded from the 14 day return and exchange policy may include earphones, food preparation devices and personal care items. These items may be revised from time to time without prior notice.
- Goods purchased by way of special arrangement or custom order will only be replaced if defective subject to standard warranties applied by the manufacturer.
Implied 6 Month Warranty
A consumer may within six months of delivery return the goods to the supplier if the goods fail to satisfy the requirements and standards contained in Section 55. The consumer can direct the supplier to either:
- repair or replace the failed, unsafe or defective goods
- refund the consumer the price paid by the consumer for the goods
- Where the consumer allows the supplier to repair goods and within three months after such repair, the failure, defect or unsafe feature re-appears or a further failure, defect or unsafe feature is discovered, then the supplier must (at its choice) credit or replace.
- Excludes wear and tear.
- The supplier has the right to have the goods assessed prior to refund, replacement or repair.
The right to return goods and the implied warranty, as discussed above, are in addition to any express warranty or condition stipulated by the supplier and any other implied warranty or condition imposed by law. The implied warranty, if stronger than the supplier’s normal warranty, will therefore override the supplier’s warranty.
A product may have a supplier warranty that extends beyond the 6 month Standard Warranty. Such warranty will be stated on the website. If such a product turns out to be defective more than 6 months after delivery / collection, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect. Arrangements will be made for the manufacturer, supplier or respective agent to honour the supplier warranty. In some cases, suppliers may wish you to deal directly with the customer to finalise the warranty.
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
- Damage caused by lightning or power surges.
- Damage caused by misuse or abuse to the goods.
- Goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured.
- Goods used contrary to their instruction manuals.
- Accidental damage.
Refund / Repair / Replacement will be at the supplier discretion.
Certain Products are excluded from the 14 day exchange or refund policy due to hygiene reasons, licensing reasons, applicable legislation or for reasons of cost efficiency. Goods excluded from the 14 day return and exchange policy are:
- Licensed Software and media content are protected by copyright law. Unless there is a manufacturing defect in the goods, you can only return these goods if they are still in the original condition as sold and the packaging has not been opened yet.
- Goods purchased by way of special arrangement or custom orders will only be replaced if defective. Customers are encouraged to ensure that measurements and specifications of custom made goods are 100% correct when ordering, as custom made orders cannot be refunded or exchanged if incorrect sizes were provided.
Out Of Warranty Repair
Niche Living (PTY) Ltd can assist you to have the goods repaired by acting as an agent on your behalf. The law requires the following in respect of repairs:
- The manufacturer or its repairs agent must quote you first and you need to accept the quote before the repair can take place.
- The quote must include the supply and installation of replacement parts, as well as the labour and all related costs.
- In the case computers, tablets and all storage devices, the onus for data backup lies with the consumer and Niche Living (PTY) Ltd will not be liable for any loss of data.
- You must also give authorisation for diagnostic work in order to determine the scope of the required repairs.
eBooks And Online Code Returns
eBooks and Online Course Codes are treated differently to other products when it comes to returns, given their digital nature and the fact that technical knowledge of eBooks and/or the Online Course registration process may be required to assist you if the eBook or its Link, or Online Course Code does not work. Once you purchase an eBook or Online Course Code, we will only allow you to return it if defective.
- Pre-packed Bundle Deal – This refers to products that have been combined together by the supplier and supplied for sale as a single unit. Any refunds or credits will have to be for the complete bundle unless authorised otherwise by Niche Living (PTY) Ltd and the supplier. The pricing of the refund will be determined at the time by Niche Living (PTY) Ltd and the supplier as this falls outside the parameters of a normal sku.
- Bundle Deal – This refers to products that have been combined together by Niche Living (PTY) Ltd for sale as a single unit. Any refunds or credits will have to be for the complete bundle unless authorised otherwise by Niche Living (PTY) Ltd. The pricing of the refund will be determined at the time by Niche Living (PTY) Ltd as this falls outside the parameters of a normal sku.
- Refunds or credits will have to be for the complete bundle, unless authorised otherwise.
Refunds, Repairs and Replacements
- Please contact us at [email protected]
- Please provide the relevant information when requested. We will have a copy of your invoice.
- All accessories and parts that were sold with that product need to be returned for the refund.
- Value of individual items of a bundle will be refunded at the discretion and calculation by Niche Living (PTY) Ltd
- 14 day cooling off period refunds will be less the value of collecting the item. Initial delivery charge will not be refunded.
- All refunds will be to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, payment by Instant EFT or COD (cash on delivery) will be refunded to your nominated bank account.